Saturday, January 23, 2010

Russia

I have decided that I hate Russia.

Do you know why I hate Russia?

Because some ruskie decided it was a good idea to create a minor malware. It's called Spyhunter 2006 or something.

It pretends to be an anti spyware program, it pops up on your computer every five minutes and displays fake spyware on your computer, telling you to go to their site and download their stuff. It slows your computer to a crawl, is extremely annoying, and eventually prevents your computer from opening key programs.

The key programs it prevents from opening are usually just the stuff that kills it, like The real Spyhunter, or AVG.

However...

In this case I couldn't open up anything to do with the Yukionna project either.

The malware was too far along to delete manually, so I had to go in and reformat the hard drive in order to fix the problem.

I had to erase Yukionna completely.

All that script, gone, fft.

Just like that.

The project is not put on hold, simply delayed thanks to a major and very inconvinient annoyance.

Yukionna will still proceed as planned.

I hate Russia.

No comments:

Post a Comment